Thursday, April 28, 2011

Alabama Slammer


"The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I don’t need you!' And the head cannot say to the feet, 'I don’t need you!'"
Corinthians 12:21

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."
Ephesians 4:15

I cannot begin to say what God's involvement was in the devastating tornado's that rolled through the south, but I do know that where his people are and what his people do in times of trouble, hurt and grief is a reflection of him. Maybe even more than a reflection. If Christ lives in us, and we act in love, who was it that acted in love? Him or us? I propose him acting through us. God has made the work of the kingdom dependent on us.

Whether we pray for the victims and their families, lend a hand or send financial resource, we must do something. God depends on us!

He wouldn't say, "I don't need you."


Worship Him today.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!!! www.alabamarelief.blogspot.com : ) Preach it Mike!

    ReplyDelete