Thursday, March 31, 2011

Heart to Heart to Heart



My ambition for creating the Rolling Hills Worship blog is twofold: One ~ It is essential that I have an objective goal in order to maintain momentum in a certain direction. Two ~ As a minister, my hope is that my heart, in union with God's heart, (through his word) will be an encouragement to the reader and engages their heart to worship. It's a heart thing!

You may have read the popular passage from Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” You may have also heard talks regarding how challenging it is to be still. It seems difficult to sit for five minutes in stillness.

I have found it easier to go to a quiet place away from all of the distractions but even then, many times I catch myself day dreaming, sight-seeing and speaking random thoughts out loud to God. However, there is no doubt that it means a lot to God when the child attempts to relate to him even with a short attention span. Maybe that's just me.

I read a quote from Philip Yancey today that was endearing and made me wonder; "It occurred to me one day that though I often worry about whether or not I sense the presence of God, I give little thought to whether God senses the presence of me." 

Turns out it may be a heart thing for God too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment