Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fat Boy

Needing to lose about 20 pounds, I recently attempted the diet plan of Weight Watchers. I lasted for exactly 9 hours. I skipped breakfast the first morning and had a turkey sandwich for lunch. I was trying to accumulate "points" for later. As I began preparing dinner, I realized the limited amount of food that I could eat (including my extra points and weekly bonus points) and it wasn't enough. I decided I wanted more than what I was alloted. I quit Weight Watchers while I was cooking dinner. 

What if God handled the human sin condition that way? What if every new day we were alloted a certain amount of sin? What if we accumulated sin points if we were "good enough?" How about if we received weekly bonus sin points for the nice things we did for other people? What if there was a plan that balanced out our sin? There is: 

Ephesians 1:7 "In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us." 


I'm counting on moderation and exercise.
I'm depending on forgiveness through His sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment